Wavlink Router Setup: Everything You Need to Know
Are you looking for instructions to do Wavlink router setup? If yes, then you’ve been redirected to the right post by the search engine. Refer to this blog and learn everything you must be aware of when it comes to performing Wavlink WiFi router setup.
What to Do Before Wavlink Router Setup?
Prior to learning how to set up Wavlink router, you must know what is needed to get success with the process. Given below is the list of the prerequisites for the router setup procedure:
- An already configured modem that will act as an internet source for the Wavlink router.
- The default Wavlink router password to get to the dashboard of the router.
- A pair of Ethernet cables to create the router-modem connection in case one ceases to work.
- The web or IP address of your Wavlink WiFi device.
- A computer with a web browser installed on it.
Once you arrange the aforementioned information and things, the Wavlink WiFi router setup process can be commenced. The next section talks about how to set up Wavlink router.
How to Do Wavlink Router Setup?
- Start with the unboxing of your Wavlink device.
- The next step is to power up the router.
- Once the lights on your router become solid, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your router and modem.
- Now, switch on the PC and load your favorite browser.
- Type the Wavlink router web address into it.
- Press Enter.
- The router login page will appear.
- Type the default Wavlink router password.
- Click Login.
- The Wavlink router setup wizard will be displayed.
- Follow the instructions visible on the screen.
Once you’re done following the on-screen prompts, the Wavlink WiFi router setup process will come to an end and your router will be all set to facilitate you with blazing-fast WiFi speeds. Just in case you face any issues amidst the router’s installation procedure, the tips jotted in the next section will help you out.
Can’t Perform Wavlink Router Setup?
- First of all, ensure that your Wavlink router is receiving enough power supply.
- Reboot your Wavlink device to do away with technical glitches.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your devices should be intact.
- Your WiFi devices (router and modem) must not be too far from each other.
- Do not use the browser’s search bar to access the Wavlink router URL.
- Always put an updated web browser to use in order to do Wavlink router setup.
- The default Wavlink router password and username must be entered without typos.
- The cable connection between your router and modem must be tight at the ports.
- Do not ignore even a single setup instruction appearing on the dashboard of your WiFi device.
- You should not use a cached version of the browser to set up the router.
- The computer used for the Wavlink WiFi router setup process must be free of viruses.
- Your Wavlink router must not share its location with heavy electrical appliances.
After you give a shot at the tips mentioned above, you’ll notice that your Wavlink WiFi router has been successfully configured. In case you’re still having a bad day installing your WiFi device, you can reach out to our experts without any hesitation. However, consider walking through the next section to learn what you can do after Wavlink WiFi router setup.
What to Do After Wavlink Router Setup?
Once you’re done with the installation of your device, your responsibility increases. The reason being, you need to tweak some settings to make your Wavlink WiFi router high performing and increase its network security: Here’s what to do after Wavlink router setup:
- Before everything else, consider altering the default Wavlink router password. Not to be mentioned that running the router with the default password is not a wise decision. However, you are advised to create a strong admin password.
- The next thing you can do after changing the router password is a firmware update. Doing so will not only streamline your WiFi router’s output but also prevent it from potential threats. Thus, performing Wavlink router firmware update is a win-win situation.
- Apart from changing the admin password and updating the firmware, you should also change the WiFi password as soon as you’re done with the Wavlink router setup process. It will be a stepping stone in keeping WiFi bandits at bay.
- To add one more layer of security to your Wavlink router, you can also opt to disable its SSID broadcast. Doing so will make it disappear from every network list thereby making it difficult for unauthorized users to find and target your router’s WiFi network.
Want to Know More?
Everything comes to an end and with the hope that you’ll be able to perform Wavlink router setup in a hassle-free way, we’re now ending this post. We also expect that you’ve gained enough knowledge about what to do after completing the WiFi router setup process. However, if you are keen to know more about the Wavlink router and its settings, you’re more than welcome to get in touch with our Wavlink support team.