Wavlink Access Point Setup: An All-Inclusive Guide
If you own a Wavlink extender, then you might be aware of the fact that it can also be configured in the Access Point mode. But, do you know the steps to perform Wavlink access point setup? If not, then walk through this post and learn how you can do the Wavlink extender setup in the AP mode. But, don’t you want to have an overview of this specific operating mode of the extender? It will make it easier for you to understand the setup procedure.
What is Wavlink Access Point Setup Mode?
Out of three operating modes of a Wavlink wireless range extender, the Access Point mode is considered an ideal one. It is because installing the extender in this mode allows it to possess all the qualities of an access point. It means the internet availability will be on multiple devices at the same time and dead zones won’t terrorize you anymore. When you choose to do Wavlink access point setup, your extender connects to the host router or gateway using a wired source and converts the signals received into wireless ones. Now, you might be wondering about the instructions to install your extender as an access point. Wonder no more and walk through the next section.
How to Do Wavlink Access Point Setup?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to make your Wavlink extender up and running as an access point. However, before all that, you are required to unbox your wireless device and ensure that you’ve received the extender unit, a power adapter, and a user guide in the packaging.
- Find a functional outlet near your main gateway (router) and connect your Wavlink wireless range extender to it.
- After pressing the Power button on your WiFi device, consider waiting for a few moments.
- Thereafter, position the Mode Selector button to Access Point.
- Now, it is time to create a wired connection between the range extender and router.
- An RJ45 cable will assist you with the same. However, the connection is supposed to be firm.
- Grab a laptop and load an internet browser that is your first choice.
- Navigate the mouse pointer to the URL field and insert wifi.wavlink.com into it.
- Hitting the Enter key will open up the Wavlink extender admin window for you.
- You are now required to insert the default password of your device and select Login.
- With that, the Wavlink setup dashboard will show up.
- The only thing you need to do now is to follow the on-screen prompts.
The time you follow the last instruction and save the settings, your Wavlink extender will get configured as an access point successfully. It means you’re now ready to access the extended network on your devices.
How to Fix Wavlink Access Point Setup Issues?
Not everyone is lucky enough to get success with the installation process of a Wavlink extender as an access point. Just in case your name also falls on the list of unlucky users, this section is what you should focus on:
- The RJ45 Ethernet cable connecting your Wavlink extender to the gateway must not be worn out.
- You cannot make use of an outdated version of the web browser for the Wavlink access point setup process no matter how much you like using it.
- The default value of the admin password of your extender is case-sensitive. Therefore, avoid unnecessary capitalization of letters.
- Do not make the mistake of skipping any of the instructions appearing on the dashboard of your range extender.
- Your range extender must be getting a non-fluctuating electricity supply throughout the setup process.
To Say It All
Performing Wavlink access point setup is all about bestowing the range extender with the powers of an access point. We are being hopeful that the steps and tips mentioned above will help you configure your wireless device as an access point. However, apart from taking care of wired connections, the web browser, and the Wavlink login password entree, you are supposed to ensure that your extender is not placed in a location packed with WiFi interference-creating factors. They can decay your extender’s ability to work well. Just in case you want to know about more factors affecting the performance of your Wavlink device, connect with our tech support team without further ado.